We all know what it is to look down on someone.
That begs the question:
If one can look "down" on someone, can one also look "up"?
What does it mean to look up? To look at your boss? To look at where you want to be?
What could it mean to look sideways?
These questions may seem odd or silly, but I think they lead to some rather interesting answers, especially when this is applied to a "career ladder".
- If Person A looks down on Person B, does Person B have to look up at Person A?
- Can two people look down on eachother?
- Can two people look up to eachother?
- Can one look across to another parallel "ladder"?
- Can one not even be on the "ladder"?